I don’t know about you but as an adult I love my coffee but milk, I don’t drink much of it. A coffee drink to make anyone a milk lover, this is the recipe for you. I discovered it years ago in a Southern Living magazine. I must get the majority of my favorite recipes from Southern Living Cook Books.
And what is nice about this recipe is most of us have the ingredients on hand. I always like recipes where I have most of the ingredients if not all.
Now the recipe below is the one from the magazine or the cookbook which I have. I do tweak it from time to time. I happen to love caramel so sometimes I substitute the chocolate syrup for the caramel syrup. And sometimes I like to add some Kahlua and make an adult drink. That really tastes good. The other day I discovered Salted Caramel Kahlua, oh my it is so good in this recipe.
You have to plan ahead so the coffee cubes are ready. I enjoy flavored coffees, my favorite brand is Joffrey’s. I generally order the different flavors from their website or go to a local coffee shop for a bag. It is so worth it. So if I plan on making this, I make a little extra coffee and make the coffee cubes. And I try to make the flavor that will match or go with my syrup I am using.
I also make a half recipe. It is so refreshing and is truly a coffee drink to make anyone a milk lover. And did I mention the recipe calls for reduced fat milk? So you can enjoy this delicious drink with minimal guilt. I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think.
A Coffee Drink To Make Anyone A Milk Lover
- 1 Cup Strong Brewed Coffee
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp 2% reduced fat milk
- 1 1/4 Cups 2% reduced fat milk
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Syrup You can substitute Caramel Syrup or a Tbsp of each
- 3 Tbsp Fat free Frozen Whipped Topping thawed I use Whipped Cream
- 1 tsp Chocolate Shavings Optional
- Kahlua Optional in place of syrup
1. Stir together coffee, sugar and 1 Tbsp milk in a small glass measuring cup. Pour into ice cube tray and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm. 2. Process coffee ice cubes, 1 1/4 cups milk and chocolate (or caramel or both) syrup in a blender until smooth. Dollop evenly with whipped topping, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately
This post contains some affiliate links
Affiliate links may be contained in this post. That means if you click on one of those links, I will receive a small commission. You won’t be paying a cent more but it just means I will make a little money for your purchase. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.